This policy explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect from you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and use the data, and how we’ll keep it safe. This policy also details your rights, and other useful privacy and security related matters. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who is the Data Controller?
The data controller is Flocon Valves Pipes and Fittings Limited of Unit TP3, Treforest Industrial Estate, Main Ave, Pontypridd, CF37 5US
What information do we ask for?
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
Certain categories of information collected by Flocon are necessary to use our Services, such as the information you must provide when transacting with us. This information may include, but is not limited to your name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, credit/debit card details, and any other details as might be requested from you for the purpose of account application and/or continued use of our Services. We may also collect information from you if you request information or customer support.
When you use our Services, we may collect the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.flocon.co.uk (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of transactions you carry out with us and of the fulfilment of your orders
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
Types of Data Collected:
Identity Data of the Buyer and/or the Person who processes payment:
- First, Last Name, Title, Username, Contact Data
- Billing, Delivery, Business Address, Email Address, Telephone Numbers, Financial Data
- Bank Account and Payment Card Details,Transaction Data
- Details of order, quotes, Payments, Communications in relation to enquiries and Services, Technical Data
- Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, browser plug – in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices,Profile Data
- Your interests in relation to our products and services, preferences, feedback and survey responses, Usage Data
- Information about how you use our products and services
Marketing and Communications Data
- Your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences. Event attendance and Website usage
Categories of Data: Identity Data, Contact Data, Financial Data, Technical Data, Profile Data, Usage Data, Transaction Data, Marketing and Communications Data.
Legal Basis: Contract
Retention: 12 Months after lapse of Service
Visitors to Our Website
When someone visits our website, we use a third- part service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the website. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Categories of Data: Technical Data, Marketing and Communications Data
Legal Basis: Legitimate interest
Retention: N/A as data is pseudonymised
Collecting Data via Our Website
Occasionally we ask for personal and company information for website visitors to consume our content. There will always be an option to opt out of further communications with us. We will store your data in a secure environment, and will not share it with a third party, unless required as part of a customer contract e.g. to be able to provide you with a service you pay for.
Categories of Data: Identity Data, Content Data, Technical Data, Profile Data, Marketing and Communications Data
Legal Basis: Consent
Retention: Until consent is withdrawn – Refreshed at appropriate intervals
Collecting Data Face-to-Face or via Telephone
From time to time we will speak to customers, potential customers and partners over the telephone or face to face, for example at events or at offices. Any data collected will only be used to inform future dealings with those parties and will not be shared with any third party unless it is necessary for the provision of services.
Categories of Data: Identity Data, Contact Data, Profile Data
Legal Basis: Legitimate Interest
Retention: Until future dealings have been informed
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your information
We mainly rely on three separate bases to lawfully process your information.
Firstly, we need to process your information to provide our Services to you, in accordance with our Terms of Business .This processing is necessary to perform the contract between you and us. Secondly, where you have given us consent to use your information in certain ways, we will rely on your consent. Thirdly, as described in more detail below, we may process your information where necessary to further our legitimate interests, where those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests. Occasionally, Flocon may rely on other legal bases such as to comply with a legal obligation.
In order to deliver, personalise and improve our Services, we combine and use the information that we have about you to understand how you use and interact with our Services. We may also use information held about you for the following purposes:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods which may be of interest to you, and we may contact you about these by post, e-mail or telephone. We will only contact you with information about goods similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We will do this during the period of your relationship with us and, unless specifically instructed otherwise by you, for a reasonable period of time after the relationship has ended in order to inform you about products, services, promotions and special offers which we think may be of interest to you.
If we send you a marketing email, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these marketing communications in the future. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important Service information related to your account.
Except where we use your personal data for marketing purposes on the basis of your prior consent and subject to any opt out instructions, we process personal data for marketing purposes as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in promoting our products and services.
How your information is shared
Flocon may share the data it collects with 3rd Party suppliers and partners, with the express purpose of providing your service. For example, a courier service for delivery, or a telecoms provider for provision of service. From time to time we will speak to customers, potential customers and partners face to face, for example at events or at offices. Any data collected will only be used to inform future dealings with those parties and will not be shared with any third party unless it is necessary for the provision of services.
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff (on a need to know basis), or the staff of carefully selected suppliers in the UK.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. Likewise, if Flocon Valves, Pipes and Fittings Ltd or substantially all of its assets are quired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you, as a data subject have a number of rights which are detailed below. Some of these only apply in specific circumstances and are qualified in several respects by exemptions in data protection legislation. We will advise you in response if we are relying on any such exemptions:
- Access to your personal data: You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Should you wish to make such a request, please email Andy@flocon.co.uk or see the Contact Us section of our website for more information on how to contact us. You should include adequate information to identify yourself. Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible
- Correction of personal data: You can request us to rectify and correct any personal data that we are processing about you which is incorrect. Should you wish to make sure a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Or see the Contact Us section of our website for more information on how to contact us.
- Right to withdraw consent: To opt out of marketing, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the marketing communication you receive from us
- Right of erasure: You can request us to erase your personal data when there is no compelling reason to continue processing. This right only applies in certain circumstances
- Right to data probability: This right allows you to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us with your consent or which was necessary for us to provide you with our Services in a format which enables you to transfer that personal data to another organisation. You may have the right to have your personal data transferred by us directly to the other organisation if this is technically feasible.
- Right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right to object to our use of your personal data which is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests. However, we may continue to process your personal data where there are compelling legitimate grounds to do so or we need to process the data in connection with any legal claims
- Rights related to automated decision making and profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing (without human involvement) where that decision produces a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you. This right means you can request that we involve one of our employees or representatives in the decision-making process. We are satisfied that we do not make automated decisions of this nature
How to contact us:
For any requests related to your personal information or any of your rights referenced above, you can contact us by:
Telephone: 01443 841 666
Post: Flocon Valves and Fittings Ltd
Unit D8.3, Main Avenue
Treforest Industrial Estate